Craigslist offers the best of free services when it comes to sales of things like real estate, cars, and more. For your maximum benefit, there are a few things that you need to know when using Craigslist for real estate.
Reposting Might Backfire
As you post and repost your deals in a bid to keep them visible to investors, you get flagged and ghosted by Craigslist. However, some maneuver might help get back on your feet with Craigslist. So, follow these steps if you are trying to avoid flagging.
- First, have a Craigslist account. (This is not a prerequisite to posting, but it is pretty handy.)
- Post your ad as usual.
- Log in at a later time, and open your previous post in a new tab.
- In the new tab, open the edit post panel.
- Open the categories panel in a new tab.
- Click the post panel, and pick a new location and category.
- Fill this new template with the exact information from your previous post, by using copy and paste.
- Continue with the captcha and delete your initial post.
- Now, your ad would be there, on top of the new category.
The Right Craigslist Post for a Real Estate Investor
Investing is impossible if some level of trust cannot be built. Indeed, this is the case with real estate investors. To get an investor to spend his or her income on your property, you have to be trustworthy. To achieve this, start with an honest outlook; certainly, sales tricks that work in other lines of business do not get to work here. Thus, state clearly what you offer and do not embellish your statements.
Get Several Accounts
After a first Craigslist account, you can get several others. Of course, you will need several phone numbers for verification. You can obtain these with Google Voice and Boost Mobile. Post real estate content from several IP addresses. These accounts can help you make multiple posts from different web identities. This can keep your content visible on Craigslist.
The real estate market is an open market, so there are other tools that you might choose to apply to boost your sales. Feel free to experiment.