App | 中文 |


Learn more about the different types of Chinese visa for foreign nationals, how to apply, and answers to frequently asked questions.


Foreigners who accept a job in China should apply for a Foreign Employment Permit. Senior-level employees should also apply for a Foreign Expert Certificate.


This section features information which will help visitors plan their trip to China.


Opening-up, reform encouraged

Premier Li called for more efforts in opening-up and intensive development of the new area of the Shanghai Free Trade Zone.

Premier Li meets UAE prince

Premier Li met with Muhammad, prince of Abu Dhabi of the United Arab Emirates, who is in Beijing on a state visit on July 22.

Li Peng dies at 91

Li Peng, former chairman of the National People’s Congress Standing Committee, died of illness in Beijing at the age of 91 at 11:11 pm on July 22.


STAR Market a milestone in China’s capital market reform

The sci-tech innovation board, also known as STAR Market, started trading on July 22. It is expected the board will support innovation-driven economic development and capital market reform.


Joint conference for urbanization

The State Council agreed to establish an inter-ministerial joint conference for urbanization and integrated development.

Govt to promote consumption

The State Council approved setting up an inter-ministerial joint conference on promoting consumption on July 23.